In stock now
Fords Gin....$27.99 / liter"At 90 proof Fords Gin holds in a lot of flavor. When tasting, we recommend a splash of water to release the flavours. You'll notice the high oil content just by looking in the glass. The coriander, citrus and florals really come to life. It's also a good way to see how Fords gin will show in a cocktail." – Simon Ford, The 86 Co.
Fords Gin is distilled in London at Thames Distillers, and is a collaboration between 8th generation Master Distiller Charles Maxwell and Simon Ford of The 86 Co. The mix of 9 botanicals starts with atraditional backbone base of juniper & coriander seed that's balanced with citrus (bitter orange, lemon & grapefruit peels), floral (jasmine flower & orris) and spice (angelica & cassia). The botanicals are steeped for 15 hours before distillation in 500 liter stills.
- Juniper from Italy: 49.5% : Savory, refreshing, pine, lavender
- Coriander Seed from Romania : 30.5% : Spice, citrus, orange, structure
- Lemon Peel from Spain: 3.2% : Sharp bright citrus, also adds dryness
- Bitter Orange Peel from Haiti/Morocco: 3.2% : Brightness, sweet & bitter citrus
- Grapefruit Peel from Turkey: 3.2% : Sharp, tangy, citrus, pith
- Angelica from Poland: 3.2% : Pungent sweetness & dryness
- Cassia from Indonesia: 2.1% : Warm sweet aromatic spice
- Jasmine from China: 3.2% : Elegant & floral, adds dry finish
- Orris from Italy/Morocco: 2.1% : Earthy + floral, binds flavors