The Wine and Cheese Place is proud to present a very special event....
Artisanal Cheese & Rum
Pairing Adventure Class
Six Exotic Rums from Guatemala, Antigua, Trinidad, Haiti, Barbados
Six Fine Artisanal Cheeses – from Wisconsin
PLUS: Everyone in the class will have the pleasure of tasting English Harbour's 25 Year-Old Rum from Antigua…selling for over $200 a bottle!
Thursday September 27th (7 PM until 8:30 PM)
The Wine and Cheese Place
7435 Forsyth Boulevard
Price: $25 per person
Seating is limited.
Reservations are required - call 314.727.8788
Here is what is scheduled to be tasted!!!
• English Harbour 5-Year Rum - Antigua
• English Harbour's 25 Year-Old Rum
• Ron Zacapa XO Solera Grand Reserva Especial - Guatemala
• Zaya 12-Year Old Estate Rum - Trinidad
• Plantation Grande Reserve 5-Year Old Rum - Barbados
• Mount Gay Extra Old Rum - Barbados
• Barbancourt Estate Reserve 15 Year Old Rum – Haiti
• Widmer's Cheese Cellars: 4-Year Cheddar
• Widmer's Cheese Cellars: Aged Brick Spread
• Sartori Reserve Raspberry BellaVitano
• Sartori Reserve Espresso BellaVitano
• Hollands Family Farm: Marieke's Aged Gouda
• Hollands Family Farm: Marieke's Foenegreek Gouda
A SURPRISING AND DELICIOUS PAIRING:
EXOTIC DARK SIPPING RUMS AND FINE ARTISANAL CHEESES
Presented by The Wine and Cheese Place and
Barrie Lynn – The Cheese Impresario
Barrie Lynn – The Cheese Impresario has just re-located from Los Angeles to St. Louis. She has been pairing artisanal cheeses with all kinds of libations for the stars of Hollywood via her inclusion in the Oscars famed goodie bag. She'll be conducting her Artisanal Cheese & Rum Pairing Adventure Class for the first time in this area at The Wine and Cheese Places in Clayton on Forsyth.
"This is a pairing that will make people drop to their knees when they taste these flavors together" says The Cheese Impresario. And, she knows what she's talking about. She's been pairing rum with cheese at the Ministry of Rum's Rum Festivals around the country and has witnessed how blown away people are by this surprising and delicious pairing.
Dark sipping rums which are meant for drinking neat, not mixing in most cocktails, can deliver the flavors of roasted nuts, smoky oak, vanilla, cocoa, fruit and spices, just like wine. Paired with the perfect cheeses made by the award-winning cheesemakers of Wisconsin, Barrie Lynn has a real treat in store for you. We can't wait for you to experience The Cheese Impresario's entertaining education.
Barrie Lynn was just featured in
St. Louis Magazine's Relish Blog - click here to read
More info on Barrie Lynn - International Hotel and Restaurant Awards
More information can be found on her website: http://www.thecheeseimpresario.com/