StiQit Sulfite Remover...$4.99 / 4pk
The most effective sulfite removal for wine lovers like you seeking to reduce intake of harmful chemical preservatives and negative side effects.
With a few stirs, you will:
- Cheers to fewer side effects like worsened morning-after headache, upset stomach, and facial redness
- Reduce free radicals, a major cause of chronic health problems
- Enjoy wine the way the winemaker intended, without sulfite preservatives
- Celebrate, knowing you reduced your consumption of harmful chemicals
- Each StiQit treats a 6-8oz glass of wine
- Individually sealed to easily fit in your purse or pocket
- Works on your favorite red, white, rose and sparkling wines
- BPA-free and 100% recyclable
- Patented technology & sustainably made in the USA
- 100% FDA-permitted food-grade ingredients
HOW IT WORKS
StiQit uses FDA-permitted food-grade ingredients and patented solution that neutralizes nanograms (a millionth of a gram) of sulfites into microdroplets of water, not altering the taste of your wine in the slightest.
Have a crack at the science:
Sulfites are added to wine as a preservative by either bubbling sulphur dioxide gas in the wine or adding potassium metabisulfite. Both are readily soluble in wine. The sulfur dioxide (SO2) gas equilibrates between Sulfur dioxide (SO2) + water (H2O) and hydrogen ions (H+) + Bisulfite ion (HSO3-). As the pH decreases the fraction of total sulfite present as the bisulfite ion increases so that at pH4 (wine has a pH range of 3-4) the bisulfite ion is the predominant species present in the wine. The bisulfite ion also exists in equilibrium with hydrogen ion (H+) + sulfite ion (SO3 2-). Similarly, the addition of potassium metabisulfite to wine creates an equilibrium of bisulfite and sulfite ions along with free potassium ions (K+). Addition of a scientifically tested, very specific measurement of hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) oxidizes the bisulfite ion (HSO3-) to the bisulfate ion (HSO4-) and water which is then further converted to the sulfate ion (SO4-) plus water.