- AGED IN FRENCH OAK & COGNAC BARRELS Brenne Whisky starts in new Limousin oak barrels before being finished in Cognac casks, giving it a hint of perfumed fruit that sets it apart from other whiskies.
- SINGLE CASK BOTTLES Each bottle of Brenne Whisky comes from a single barrel selected at its peak. We don’t blend barrels. Each barrel number is stamped on the back label.
- COGNAC DISTILLING TECHNIQUE Using cool fermentation and small batch production, Brenne Whisky is twice distilled in copper alembic stills for a smooth finish.
- NO AGE STATEMENT Because Brenne Estate Cask is bottled individually by barrel, the aging for each cask differs as it depends on how long the Cognac was in the barrel before. On average, the whisky ages for a total of about 7 years.
- Bottled at 40% abv (80 proof)
- A SOPHISTICATED ALTERNATIVE TO COCKTAILS Brenne Whisky is the perfect balance of savory and sweet to be a bold alternative to cocktails. Enjoy it with a splash of water to unleash even more of the Cognac barrel flavors.
- THE PERFECT NIGHT CAP With an approachability and lightness, Brenne Whisky offers a refined way to unwind at the end of the day.
- …OR TRY A MANHATTAN AFFAIR Brenne Whisky over ice with a twist of orange (or a grapefruit peel!). No vermouth. No bitters. Just Brenne, ice & orange.
About the creator...
Allison Patel and her husband Nital shared a passion for food and drink has immersed them in cultures all over the world. Making an effort to visit local markets, wineries, and distilleries in their travels, they have developed an appreciation of great taste experiences, especially with their favorite category: whisky. Years ago while on a slew of international business trips, Nital would frequently call his wife (often waking her up in the middle of the night due to time differences!) to tell her about all of the amazing whiskies he tasted. After failing to find many of these “non- traditional” whiskies in the US, Allison took into own her hands and started setting up an import/ export company for this sole purpose.
While exploring the world whisky scene for something “new”, Allison encountered a third generation Cognac producer who had started distilling a unique Single Malt at his farm distillery in the heart of Cognac, France. At that time, a majority of the oldest whisky was around three to four years old in new French Limousin oak barrels. Upon tasting it, Allison immediately knew it was something special. She and the distiller collaborated over a span of three and a half years to refine the aging spirit and continue laying down more barrels as each year’s crop of barley was ready to be harvested. A breakthrough occurred when Allison decided to incorporate his previously used Cognac casks in the whisky aging process. This stimulated the whisky in a beautiful way; ultimately creating a new profile within the Single Malt category that became Brenne Whisky.
Brenne Whisky is crafted from seed to spirit in the heart of Cognac, France in very limited batches. Allison’s first expression, Estate Cask, has no age statement as every barrel is bottled in single barrel releases and the aging time on each cask may vary slightly.
After intense work, Allison is honored to share Brenne with the world, introducing an incredibly smooth, approachable, and fruit-forward French whisky that reinvigorates the category. Brenne officially launched on October 1, 2012 in New York City and we are excited to share our dream with whisky enthusiasts far and wide.