More thoughts on some feedback...
Some have been posting on facebook that we should just send out the emails and not force people to come in and shop after they have already spent their $300.
First on the $300, this is the amount we have been using in all of our past raffles. We determined after looking at numbers that $300 over 6 months was reasonable as it is $50 per month or $12.50 per week. That means you can by a reasonably priced Bourbon every 2 weeks and grab a 6pk of beer and you are there. Or just one $50 whiskey per month. Or a bottle of whiskey and a bottle of Champagne for Valentine's, a bottle of wine, rum, Baileys, vodka, cheese. There are so many options. And we have amazing prices on these items too.
2nd: The Pop Up is something we used to do and stopped because it is a time consuming process. Trust us, this is a lot of work to sell 18 bottles. Then a thread started on facebook saying we should do it again because regulars liked it. So we decided to introduce it again. I guess the mistake is that we posted we were doing it again and people felt we were trying to just get everyone to come in and buy something. That was not the intention at all. Sure, we hope that if you needed to grab something for Valentine's, this would give you an incentive to choose us over the large chains. But it was not intended to make you shop and buy something you did not want or need. Just a bonus if you chose to shop with us.
3rd: This one was done different than our normal raffle. This one is not a weighted raffle. Every member that spent the minimum got the same chance. Each person got one raffle ticket in this one.
4th: People commented that a lot of these are on the shelf everywhere. All I can say is they are lucky then. If we put these on the shelf, they just disappear instantly. We want them to get into the hands of people that shop here not those that just run around to all stores to grab the limited releases.
5th: We say this a lot, but it is worth repeating. We keep trying different methods to give different people (again that shop here) a chance to get these bottles. Some of these bottles end up on the shelf for people to find. Just because you see a bottle in the raffle does not mean it does not end up on the shelf sometimes (we just do not post when it is on the shelf)
Summary: we realize that every method we do, some people will not be happy about it. We can only do what we think is the fairest for our customers and continue to spread the bottles as best we can.
These plastic signs randomly get put for people to ask for too...
Back by popular demand!
Whiskey Pop Up
Members of the WRC only
18 names have been randomly selected from our Whiskey Reward Club list using a random number generator. During the rest of the month of February when you check out at the register at any of our locations, a message might pop up that says you can PURCHASE a whiskey from the list of limited bourbons.
These are the possible options, depending on when your name pop ups, some might be gone. Others might be added.
- Blanton's Bourbon...$54.99 (6 bottles available)
- High West Double Rye Limited Release Single Barrel..$49.99
- (aged in Merlot Barrel)
- Sazerac Rye 6 Year Old...$29.99
- Old Forester 1910...$54.99
- Woodford Reserve Chocolate Malt Rye...$129.99
- Yamazaki 12 Year Single Malt...$99.99
- Col. E.H. Taylor Single Barrel...$59.99
- Col. E.H. Taylor Small Batch...$38.99
- Eagle Rare 10 Year Old...$32.99
- This is not a give away, you must purchase the bottle that you choose from the list
- Must have been a BRC member before February 1st
- This one is NOT a weighted raffle. Everyone that spent over $300 in the last 6 months has an equal chance.
- Does not matter which of our locations you shop.
- You may only choose 1 bottle from the list, subject to confirmation.
- The bottle might not be available that day. We might have to transfer it over for you to pick up on another day.
- This pop up session ends February 29th. Happy Leap Year!