Sweet Sophie's Bourbon Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup Sweet Sophie Maple Syrup ***
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 Dry dock Farms eggs, lightly beaten ***
- 1/4 cup The Wine & Cheese Place Buffalo Trace Bourbon ***
- 1 t. Madecasse Pure Vanilla Extract ***
- 1/4 t. salt ***
- 1 cup Scharffenberger Semisweet Dark Chocolate, chopped ***
- 1 cup pecan pieces, coarsely chopped ***
- 1 pre-made pie crust fitted into a 9-inch deep dish pie plate
*** Available at The Wine and Cheese Place Forsyth
Preheat oven to 325 F. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until butter melts and sugar dissolves. Cool slightly.
Mix eggs, bourbon, vanilla and salt in a large bowl; gradually add sugar mixture, mix well.
Stir in chocolate pieces and pecans, pour into piecrust.
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes until set and toothpick or skewer comes out clean in the center.
Serve warm or chilled
Recipe adapted from Fannie Flagg's Original Whistle Stop Cafe Cookbook