A chance to purchase - 10-Year Old Rip Van Winkle
Time is running out!
In 2013, 65 cases of legendary Pappy Van Winkle were found missing from the Buffalo Trace distillery. The conspiracy behind this crime came to be known as "Pappygate". Episodes five and six of the new true crime docu-series from Netflix, “Heist,” tells the story of this infamous crime against Bourbon!
We squirreled away one bottle of totally legit, straight from the distillery, no boot-legger involved, 10 Year Old Rip Van Winkle, and we thought this new docu-series was a perfect excuse to raffle the chance to buy it!
How to Enter:
- Follow us on Instagram @wineandcheeseplace (if you are already a follower, you can move straight to step two).
- Tag three or more of your friends in the comments of the instagram post. A link to the post is here: go to the post now
- Your friends can also enter by repeating the above two steps. Local proxies are allowed for out-of-town entrants (we cannot ship liquor, so the winner or their proxy will have to pay for and pick up the bottle at one of our locations).
- This contest will end on July 31, 2021. A randomized drawing will take place on August 1 and the winner will be notified no later than August 5, 2021.
What You Can Win:
The opportunity to purchase one 750ml bottle of 10-Year Old Rip Van Winkle for $94.99 plus sales tax. Please note that state law prohibits the raffling of alcoholic beverages for free, which is why our contest is for a chance to purchase this very rare bottle.
Additional Terms and Conditions:
Limit one qualifying entry per Instagram account.
- By entering, the winning entrant agrees to allow us (i) to take and use a photo of the them or their proxy picking up the bottle at our stores (like Publisher’s Clearing House does!) and (ii) tag them on our social media posts.
- Like the lottery, the odds of winning are very low, as we expect many entrants. But you can’t win if you don’t play! Please don’t blast us if you don’t win😁.
- The winner must pay for and pick up the bottle in one of our four St. Louis area stores. As noted above, if the winner is not able to come to one of our stores, they may designate a local proxy.
- Must be 21 years old to enter. Winner must show a valid ID when picking up the bottle. If the winner uses a proxy to pay for and pick up the bottle, the proxy must also be 21 years of age or older and show a valid ID.
- Winner must pick up the bottle no later than August 13, after which the winner forfeits their right to purchase and another winner will be chosen at random.
- Entries from Wine & Cheese Place employees and their relatives will not be eligible.