Springbank 10yr...$99.99 / 700ml
Springbank Distillery is the oldest independent, family-owned distillery in Scotland. Legal distillation began in 1828. The chairman is Hedley Wright, the great, great grandson of John Mitchell, the first legal distiller of Springbank whiskey. There are few Scottish distilleries that still malt their own barely, but Springbank is the only distillery which malts 100% of its own barley, using traditional floor malting. The whole production process: malting, milling, mashing, fermentation, distillation, maturation and bottling, happens on one site in Campbeltown. This is unique in Scotland.
- Our 10-year-old offers whisky drinkers the perfect introduction to the Springbank range. Matured in a combination of bourbon and sherry casks, it is perfectly balanced from the first sip through to the full, rich finish.
- Aroma - orchard fruit (pear) with a hint of peat, vanilla and malt
- Palate - malt, oak, spice, nutmeg and cinnamon, vanilla essence
- Finish - sweet, with a lingering salty tingle
Kilkerran 12yr Single Malt Scotch...$89.99 / 750ml
Every year since 2009 we have released a limited amount of Kilkerran single malt. The Kilkerran Work In Progress series is now complete with the release of WIP 7 Sherry and WIP 7 Bourbon in 2015. The next Kilkerran bottling will be a 12 year old Kilkerran Single Malt. This will become the core release for the Glengyle Distillery.
- Aroma - oak notes are dominant, followed by toasted marshmallows and dried fruit pudding, as well as cherries, marzipan and a hint of peat
- Palate - initially fruity with citrus notes and orange peel, followed by vanilla, butterscotch, honeycomb and digestive biscuits
- Finish - velvety and smooth with lemon meringue, to conclude, there’s an oiliness and saltiness that you’d expect from a Cambeltown dram